We kick off the second week of the best PC games ever with game number four, Lemmings. This classic puzzle game was very popular back when it originally released and to this day, it can still provide quite the challenge. The objective is simple, you must guide lemmings towards the level exit using any of the eight skills available. To make it more challenging, some levels require you to save a high percentage of lemmings while heavily restricting the amount of skills usable. If you feel like trying out this classic made by Rockstar North (formally DMA), be sure to read on for more information.
In this video, I used the Amiga version of the game. I suggest using a browser based version such as this one : http://www.elizium.nu/scripts/lemmings/. However If you wish to do the same, I suggest following one of many guides/tutorials on running WinUAE. For a detailed guide you can read the following – http://www.tweakguides.com/Amiga_1.html
To run and play Amiga games you will need the following items :
– WinUAE emulator
– Amiga Kickstart ROM (.ROM)
– Game images (.ADF, .ADZ)
Brief instructions on setting up the emulator :
1. Download and install WinUAE from http://www.winuae.net/
2. Create or locate a copy of the Kickstart ROM and place it in a known folder.
3. Start WinUAE.
4. Under the ‘Paths’ menu, locate the Kickstart ROM and select it.
5. Under the ‘Quickstart’ menu, select Amiga 500 as your model.
6. Still under the ‘Quickstart’ menu, click on ‘Select Disk Image’ and choose the game image as your primary disk (DF0).
7. Click ‘Ok’ and enjoy.
** If you have issues with this, I unfortunately cannot assist. There are plenty of resources out there that should help you resolve any issues you may have.